Once again I'm comparing a few more items regarding Wacom Cintiq. I've a few more questions/concerns I'd love to hear from my fellow artists their thoughts.
I've such a disconnect from drawing on the tablet (eye-hand-coordination) it's made it so I can never draw digitally fully. Everything I do is mechanical pencil that's digitally tweaked.
While I've heard singing and praises for the iPad Pro, I don't think it currently is a good fit for what I want at this time. I love the idea of portability but ultimately I think I'm wanting to lean towards Wacom Cintiq. I've heard Wacom's quality has wavered in some ways here and there, but also have heard good things about it.
I figure, also, if I'm looking for portability (IE: traveling to friend's houses or just to the other room) I can look at getting a cheap laptop in the near future.
The Cintiq companion 2 looked promising, but I kept hearing people complain about the charged battery life of the device. For the price, it doesn't seem feasible and people regret not going with an ipad pro for fast sketching, or a regular cintiq over all.
My questions mostly pertain to both size and types. There are so many darn types and it's frustrating.
Originally I thought a 13" or 16" may be ideal -- but after thinking it through, thinking maybe a 22"
1) Does anyone have pictures of comparison on how big they are? Thoughts on sizes or how comfortable or unwieldly they are to manage if they get too big?
2) Given the size you have, or have experience with, any pros/cons? IE: Is it hard to draw long periods of time on it? Any troubles? Glare with the screen?
3) I tend to draw curled up in a chair with a clip board in my lap - Would the 22" be too big for this, or decent enough?
Now the biggest thing I'm having questions and concerns on is the darn types. PRO vs HD. (These are the two types of Cintiq I'm talking about but if you've experience or opinion on others, I'm grateful to hear them!)
I've heard that PRO is newer than HD. Newer isn't always better. I've heard the PRO has issues with a really rough screen texture that eats nibs like candy.
I've also heard the PRO uses a newer pen where the new nibs are more slender and shorter/delicate than the older pens. Coupled with the rough surface, it causes one to have to buy/change nibs roughly once every few weeks.... Which can add to overall cost.
I've heard HD is older, and thus not as superior to PRO, but it uses the older pen (sturdier nibs).
I've heard (but not sure if true or not) the parallex (screen thickness) is thicker than PRO, and can take time getting used to. And lag?
--- What are your thoughts or experiences? I'm hoping to proceed in a purchase sometime soon....
1) When or where is best time to buy a cintiq? I use CamelCamelCamel to review somethings ,but it's limited in the data primarily to Amazon and some third party sites.
2) Any other items you'd consider buying? IE: screen protector or cases?
Here's to new products, and the new storyline/art coming out soon. <3